Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » connectivity problem forms 6i with oracle 9i on winxp p4
connectivity problem forms 6i with oracle 9i on winxp p4 [message #203758] Thu, 16 November 2006 04:08 Go to next message
lancer26

hi to all!

I am facing problem to connect forms developer with oracle 9i. I installed developer first with home name : default_home on location D:\orant\ and then oracle 9i with home name : ora9i on location D:\orant\ora9i\ . i tested the database using sql plus and from OEM it's opened and working.
but when in forms builder i gave username,password and service name in connect dialogue box , it generated the following error
"forms builder was encountered error plz tell microsoft for this problem etc."
plz send solution for this as soon as possible.
thanks in advance. error message image is attached.

/forum/fa/1742/0/

Regards
  • Attachment: error.GIF
    (Size: 38.84KB, Downloaded 1796 times)
Re: connectivity problem forms 6i with oracle 9i on winxp p4 [message #203769 is a reply to message #203758] Thu, 16 November 2006 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you apply the latest patch (for Developer 6i to connect to Oracle 9i database)?
Re: connectivity problem forms 6i with oracle 9i on winxp p4 [message #203887 is a reply to message #203758] Thu, 16 November 2006 19:22 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest removing both Forms and Database. Then re-install the Database with the name you used previously. Then re-install Forms but NOT with the name you used. You should put the Forms into a subdirectory of orant and use a real name not default_home.

Then search this forum for 'tnsnames.ora ifile' and make sure that the Forms tnsnames.ora uses or matches the tnsnames.ora create by the database installation.

David
Previous Topic: Book on Forms and Reports
Next Topic: Lov on forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:41:02 CDT 2024