Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Doubt in form
Doubt in form [message #193554] Mon, 18 September 2006 04:00 Go to next message
orafan2003
Hi,
My requirement is like this.
I have 3 canvases in my form. When I open the form, the first canvas opens up and there I select one value and press a button. This takes me to a second canvas where I get the details about my selection in the first canvas. Then I click on one button on the second canvas and send these details to a webservice and this takes me to another canvas which says that my details have been submitted. Then I click on one button here which takes me to my first screen. Now when I am directed to my first screen I should not see the value of my first selection. How can I do this?
Thank you.
Re: Doubt in form [message #193560 is a reply to message #193554] Mon, 18 September 2006 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
Hi,
<snip>
Then I click on one button here which takes me to my first screen
<end snip>

In that button-code put:

go_block(....);
clear_block( ...., NO_VALIDATE);

Regards,

Rob Zijlstra
Re: Doubt in form [message #193563 is a reply to message #193560] Mon, 18 September 2006 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Hi,
I tried using clear_block but it is clearing all the records...So i tried using clear_record and it works!! It is now clearing the record that I already used.
Thank you.
Re: Doubt in form [message #193590 is a reply to message #193554] Mon, 18 September 2006 06:52 Go to previous message
shahidmughal

HI
you should use the one of the following commands on the trigger off the button of 3rd canvas(from where you are redirected to first canvas)

--after Go_block('First_block');
1. clear_form;

or

2. create_record;

or

3. next_record;

i hope this will solve your problem.

regards

Muhammad Shahid Mughal
Database Application Developer

From Faisalabad Pakistan
Previous Topic: Problem on Using Unicode font