Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Changing FORMS_PATH  () 1 Vote
Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193317] Fri, 15 September 2006 12:13 Go to next message
sophietje
I have a 10g form that I've been able to run on the web with no problems. However, I need to move it to another directory. I changed the FORMS_PATH entry in the registry to the full directory name, but it isn't reading it from there. It is still reading it from the old directory. I've restarted the OC4J instance to no avail. What else do I need to do to get the web server to read it from the new directory?

To keep things straight, I have changed the background colors of the forms. The old form's background is blue and the new form's is red. So, to summerise: the FORMS_PATH is pointing to the red, but it is still showing the blue.

Many thanks!
Sophie
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193345 is a reply to message #193317] Fri, 15 September 2006 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is FORMS90_PATH, not FORMS_PATH ... I guess it was just a typo. Was it?

I'm not sure will this help, but you might try: along with setting the correct path in Windows registry, set it also in the DEFAULT.ENV file (can be found in \forms90\server directory).
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193347 is a reply to message #193345] Fri, 15 September 2006 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sophietje
Thanks for the response.

I think that FORMS90_PATH was from Forms 9. For 10g, it is just called FORMS_PATH. Anyhow, yes, I changed it there and within the DEFAULT.ENV file. It didn't help... Sad
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193352 is a reply to message #193347] Fri, 15 September 2006 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
On the other hand, I still think that Oracle Developer 10g still has FORMS90_PATH (just like 9i had).

How did you modify it (whatever its name is)? Did you just add the new location to the end of the PATH, or did you clear it and wrote a new value?

If you added new directory into the path, and if it was added to the end, Oracle FIRST finds the old location. If the file isn't found there, then it looks the next directory in the path, and so on, until the end of the whole path.
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193359 is a reply to message #193352] Fri, 15 September 2006 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sophietje
I completely wiped out the old entry and replaced it with the new.

Well, it's nice to know that that should be all I have to do. I'm too tired now to look at it, but next I'm going to try to empty the web browser cache, etc.
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193699 is a reply to message #193359] Tue, 19 September 2006 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I strongly suggest that you DON'T have the 'path' in the DEFAULT.ENV file. You SHOULD leave the Oracle paths in the FORMS90_PATH, just put your new path at the beginning of the concatenation. (Remember that for the Java paths you put them at the end.)

For 6i and 9i you had to make sure that you don't have the 'space' character in a directory name in your path. I don't know whether this applies to 10g but it probably still does. Also make sure that none of the directories in your path is empty, that is, contains no files.

Do you have any other '.ENV' files in the directory which contains the DEFAULT.ENV?

David
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193701 is a reply to message #193317] Tue, 19 September 2006 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post the browser command line that you use to start your application. Does it contain the whole path name?

David
Re: Changing FORMS_PATH [message #193872 is a reply to message #193317] Tue, 19 September 2006 15:08 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
is it possible you are mixing up the developer suite set of directories and the application server set of directories? I know I do my work with both installed on the same box. It took a while for me to remember to check that I was working with the right files at the right time.

good luck, Kevin
Previous Topic: Copy/Paste by Trigger
Next Topic: How to avoid service call to database when populating labels at runtime ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:27:49 CDT 2024