Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » generate different exp name
generate different exp name [message #193266] Fri, 15 September 2006 08:53 Go to next message
maoro
hello i have a form from which i export the schema that owns my application,
i just need something to generate a different export file name each time that exp is invoked from within the form,
i can use a sequence but is there a way to include the sysdate plus the timestamp in the export file name?
thanks
Re: generate different exp name [message #193390 is a reply to message #193266] Sat, 16 September 2006 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maoro
hello
i guess user alter session set nls_date_format='dd-mm-yy hh24:mi:ss'
will do the job to generate different export file name each time export is invoked.
but how to use it inside a form ??
plz help
thanks
Re: generate different exp name [message #193408 is a reply to message #193390] Sat, 16 September 2006 06:13 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What operating system do you use? If it is (one of) MS Windows versions, you might find a way call this DOS batch script; I'm not the author - I *think* I saved it from OraFAQ forum, but can't tell for sure. I apologize to the original author for not mentioning his/her name.
@echo off
setlocal
for /f "tokens=2" %%i in ("%date:/=_%") do set vdate=%%i
for /f "tokens=1,2 delims=:" %%i in ("%time: =%") do set vdate=%vdate%_%%i%%j
c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\bin\exp.exe userid=scott/tiger@orcl file=e:\syr%vdate%.dmp owner=scott
endlocal
echo on

When executed:
c:\> test.bat
c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\bin\exp.exe userid=scott/tiger@orcl
 file=e:\syr07_19_2006_803.dmp owner=scott
Previous Topic: error found: calling report from form
Next Topic: How to check uniqness of a field in forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:35:19 CDT 2024