Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to connect Oracle Forms Builder to the DB
How to connect Oracle Forms Builder to the DB [message #193265] Fri, 15 September 2006 08:51 Go to next message
sam504u
Hey Guys,

Totally a newbie to Orace Forms, just downloaded the Forms Builder and started playing around trying to build my first form .... and when i am trying to create a data block and connect to a DB I have to enter a username, password and the database name.

So my question is what would those 3 things be? I mean do I have to have an Oracle DB installed separately in order for my forms to connect to the DB???

if So, I tried downloading Oracle XE, and installed it on my machine, now this DB comes with a default database username/password for the HR schema. So I try using that as my username/password and in the Database name I am putting XE, which is the name of the database. But this is what it complains:

"Could not resolve the connection identifier specified"

So not pretty sure how can I connect the Forms Builder to my Oracle DB or wheter I am doing the right thing here ...

ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Sam
Re: How to connect Oracle Forms Builder to the DB [message #193333 is a reply to message #193265] Fri, 15 September 2006 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam504u
What is the connection string I am supposed to use?? within the "userid/password@connectstring"

Any clues anyone !!!
Re: How to connect Oracle Forms Builder to the DB [message #193342 is a reply to message #193333] Fri, 15 September 2006 15:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It appears that Developer doesn't see your database.

To be able to connect to it, you'd have to configure the network - check the Network Configuration Assistant. It *should* be able to help you setup the correct parameters.

A shortcut solution which might work would be this: go to \network\admin directory of your XE database. Take TNSNAMES.ORA, SQLNET.ORA and LISTENER.ORA and copy them into the \network\admin directory of Oracle Developer.

Restart the Developer and enter credentials you mentioned earlier.
Previous Topic: can anyone tell me
Next Topic: error found: calling report from form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:44:12 CDT 2024