Hi,
My form has to look like this.
Product     product_list     Rating

Stationery     pens              1
Stationery     pencils           2
Stationery     books             3
Steel          Plates            2
Steel          Spoons            1
Now when I am entering values in my form, I select the name of the "PRODUCT" ie STATIONERY.
Then I enter "PENS" and give rating as "1"
Now under the same "STATIONERY" when I am trying to enter PENCILS, the field STATIONERY is getting cleared. Also when I want to COMMIT, only the last value is getting committed. How can I commit all the 3 values under the same product name(without clearing product field) at the same time? What I want to do is..select STATIONERY then enter PENS ,rate 1. Go to second field of the product_list, enter PENCILS, rate 2 etc and save all 3 values at a time. When I am adding new values in the product_list, the product should not be cleared
Kindly guide me.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 August 2006 02:08] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: form query [message #186906 is a reply to message #186775] Thu, 10 August 2006 02:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Stop with the manual commit. Stop writing unnecessary code. Use the save button on the default taskbar or let the form request a save when you exit or run a query.

I can see not reason why you have ANY triggers in your code. All you need to do is define the block against a table, make the block updateable, insertable, etc. Compile and run the form.

What 'tricks' have you been asked to put into the form?

David
Previous Topic: Open external applications
Next Topic: problem IN "UPDATE" IN MY COMPUTER ONLY
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:29:15 CDT 2024