Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Initial Form Sizing Differences
Initial Form Sizing Differences [message #186572] Tue, 08 August 2006 09:28 Go to next message
whatfur

I have a Unix based Oracle system, and when connecting
from Unix box to Unix box and running forms the initial
displaying of the my forms are fine.

However when I use a PC running Exceed to create an xterm
window and run my forms, their initial display is a bit
truncated. As in, it first displays cutting off the bottom
of the form... It does allow for manual resizing, but I was
wondering how to just keep this from happening.

Any help appreciated
Re: Initial Form Sizing Differences [message #186696 is a reply to message #186572] Wed, 09 August 2006 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Edit your '.xs' shortcut and make sure that your command line looks like the following:

/usr/bin/X11/xterm -ls -display @d -geom 80x24+320+540 -fn 6x11 -bg  white -fg black -name "ubox1 BOT White" +j  -sb -sl 1000 &

The '-geom' defines the width x height + screen offset + screen offset.

Also use the RLOGIN (TCP/IP) 'Start Method' so that when your password expires you can 'push' through the old and new passwords.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 16 August 2006 21:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Initial Form Sizing Differences [message #187295 is a reply to message #186696] Fri, 11 August 2006 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatfur
As it turns out my .xs file calls a propriatory
xterm startup that is maintained by another group.

However, You do realize that my problem here is not one of the
sizing of the xterm window itself... as that is consistant.
It is running Oracle forms within those windows and its the Oracle form that is displayed within the xterm that comes up missing it bottom.

And if you DO understand that and feel that the xterm sizing is
affecting my Oracle form sizing then I will bring it to their
attention.
Re: Initial Form Sizing Differences [message #187435 is a reply to message #187295] Mon, 14 August 2006 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I assume that you are running Forms in Client-Server mode - therefore, you are running either 4.5 or 6.0 in character mode. Please confirm.

So yes, the window MUST be big enough to take the form and the way to do that is by making the 'xterm' window big enough. Have you verified that they haven't 'enhanced' a form and added an extra line to it so that it is now 25 lines deep instead of 24?

David
Re: Initial Form Sizing Differences [message #187575 is a reply to message #187435] Mon, 14 August 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatfur

The answer to your first question is yes we are in client/server mode.

The window seemingly is big enough to handle the form...at least one can resize the Oracle form to its full size without resizing the xterm window. In any case I will see about attempting the geometry change and will report back...
Re: Initial Form Sizing Differences [message #188055 is a reply to message #187575] Wed, 16 August 2006 21:32 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You say you "can resize the Oracle form to its full size without resizing the xterm window". Our forms are 'use 3d mode' of 'False' and have a 'root_window' with X-pos, Y-pos, width, height all equal zero. What do you have?

Are you running in character mode?

David
Previous Topic: Automatic Adjustment of an Image According to Screen Size and Resolution
Next Topic: htree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:34:26 CDT 2024