Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » searching a string in a xml file from Oracle Form
searching a string in a xml file from Oracle Form [message #186052] Sat, 05 August 2006 05:41 Go to next message
amul
Hi,
My task is :

I want to search for string in a XML file while the control is in oracle forms. If the search is successful, the output string will be fetched from the xml file on the same line
and will be returned to the form.

I tried to open the xml file using text_io and could fetch the lines one by one but when I try to manipulate the line it gives an oracle error saying that the transformation is not possible.

Contents of the xml file will be english word in one value set and its equivalent local language value side by side the english word.

For example: English:"Employee"local_language:"loc_employee"

Somebody pleasetell me how to achieve this.

thanks in advance;
Re: searching a string in a xml file from Oracle Form [message #186234 is a reply to message #186052] Mon, 07 August 2006 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

I tried to open the xml file using text_io and could fetch the lines one by one but when I try to manipulate the line it gives an oracle error saying that the transformation is not possible.

What is the code that you used and what was the error?

David
Re: searching a string in a xml file from Oracle Form [message #186269 is a reply to message #186234] Mon, 07 August 2006 04:16 Go to previous message
amul
Actually i cleared that error..
and my company does not allow net on our systems.we have to come to a seperate lab for internet.the code was of two pages.thats why i am not able to post the code.any way thnx..
Previous Topic: HELP : v$session.module
Next Topic: Query in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:49:44 CDT 2024