Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to clear non database item attached with lov
How to clear non database item attached with lov [message #186045] Sat, 05 August 2006 02:59 Go to next message
eshta

Hi...

I have an LOV attached to a text item and to a non database one (for displaying purpose), but the problem when I clear the non database item the other one will not be cleared, althoug I have wrote a code that will check if it is null it will clear the other one.

The code was written in post change trigger but this reflect more than one record while saving.

I put when syste.form_status = 'CHANGED' then checking the text item but it will not enter that condition..

Did anyone faced like this problem? How to solve it?

Thanks
Re: How to clear non database item attached with lov [message #186126 is a reply to message #186045] Sun, 06 August 2006 04:38 Go to previous message
RJ.Zijlstra
Hi Eshta,

I think you should take a step back and read critically what you just wrote here. As I see it, you select some value from a table, (I suppose some codefield ) and then display the human readable meaning of that code in another field.

Two points:
1) That human-readable field should be a DISPLAY item.
2) You should not try to change the meaning, but instead change the value of the code. Then put a post-text trigger on it to change the display item and you have all you want.

This seems much more logical to me. But of course I may be wrong.

HTH

Regards,
Rob Zijlstra
Previous Topic: Regarding a form
Next Topic: HOW TO SELECT READIO BUTTON DYNAMICALLY.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:19:39 CDT 2024