Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Need help
Need help [message #183450] Fri, 21 July 2006 00:27 Go to next message
krishnavm

Our client wants to develop software which helps them to create an INPUT FORM for one specific experiment, through which end users (Scientist) enter data they got after doing that experiment.

This INPUT FORM can contain any number & any type of form objects (the type we can limit or we can set a rule… like certain types are only allowed)

Dynamic creation of INPUT forms & related tables according to Admin users INPUT

(This should happen when they (company) decide to conduct an experiment and ask their staffs in different location to do that experiment and submit the results) “

They want us to develop this using ORACLE forms.

1) What all software components is needed

2) What operating system is needed

3) What all possiblities & limitation are there

in doing the type of work that i discussed

4)what version is better using

5)what are the current versions available

So is this possible ?

Existing Situation
From the Main R&D Division wing,officals will ask all their R&D peoples located in different parts
to do certain EXPERIMENTS,And after those experiment they will submit the Data they got to the Head office (as Excel),
.....and there the data entry peoples will enter data using a Window type Interface( which will be created using
some old software,which is bit complicated and time - consuming) to their master database from where reports are generated.

What they want is a Program Using Oracle Forms with
1)an option which will help in dynamic creation of a FORM (web based/Desktop app) which
will help in entering data (results), the offical got after conducting the experiment.
This FORM generation process should be an easy one.

The Input for this FORM GENERATION -->the structure of table needed to keep that data,
each data type(form object type needed for each data) or we can ask for any other info needed.

Can we do this by using some pre-defined templates...
like of group of objects as one template ..or a form as one template

Picture of a form we need to create is attached

Thank you
Krishna
  • Attachment: 1.zip
    (Size: 75.20KB, Downloaded 955 times)
Re: Need help [message #183457 is a reply to message #183450] Fri, 21 July 2006 01:06 Go to previous message
RJ.Zijlstra
Hi Krishna,

I do not think your questions can be answered:

1) You know the bussiness case.
2) You have contact with your customer.
3) You get paid for this job.
4) Questions you ask are IMHO a normal part of your job.
5) Only to answer nr 3 seriously will take at least a day research; once more, that's why your client hired you.

Sorry if you take this wrong, but as I said, I do not think that Internet forums are here for doing your work.

Regards,

Rob Zijlstra
Previous Topic: Form Migration from 6i to 10g
Next Topic: Trapped duplicate record but "Do you want to save changes?" message appears
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:38:26 CDT 2024