Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Exit code to windows
Exit code to windows [message #182764] Tue, 18 July 2006 02:10 Go to next message
cyber
Hi all...I've search over the net, for a solution to this problem...but without success.

I need to open a Forms application from an HTML page and get a custom exit code from this application in order to use it in the HTML page.

With Javascript I call a shell function to start the forms application and ask to the HTML page to wait to the application exit code response.

The shell command I execute from Javascript is described bellow:

WshShell.run("c:\...\...\ifrun60.exe formname.fmx parametername=parameter",1,true)

where parameter identified a specific code that I've to send from HTML page to Forms application.

The page is waiting for the application response. When I close the Forms application I receive the '0' code. How can I customize this exit code from my forms application.

Thanks to all
Re: Exit code to windows [message #182961 is a reply to message #182764] Tue, 18 July 2006 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I can only suggest that you write something to the database and then read it once you have left the form.

David
Re: Exit code to windows [message #183118 is a reply to message #182961] Wed, 19 July 2006 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cyber
I've used this solution till now...but I've to implement the exit code procedure cause I'm using some forms applications with different databases. In the future the HTML page will not be able to access to all the application databases.
Re: Exit code to windows [message #184550 is a reply to message #183118] Thu, 27 July 2006 00:48 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How about writing to a cookie?

David
Previous Topic: menu problem
Next Topic: how to select text in text items automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:25:31 CDT 2024