Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports
problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports [message #177828] Fri, 16 June 2006 14:05 Go to next message
miracle_with_oracle
hi

I tried to deinstall developer 6i using oracle installer. I cudn't remove some of the .dll files from the bin directory. So, i tried to remove them physically from the folder C:\oracle_forms_reports\bin directory but in vain.It is showing me the error as shown in the attachment. Can anybody help me .
Re: problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports [message #177835 is a reply to message #177828] Fri, 16 June 2006 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Would it help if you reboot in Safe Mode and then delete those files?
Re: problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports [message #177979 is a reply to message #177828] Sun, 18 June 2006 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Deleting 6i using the Oracle Installor is difficult. If you want to delete ALL of the Oracle from your PC then go into your register, backup it up, go to the 'local machine'/software/Oracle entry, delete it and all of the tree structure under it. Then in windows explorer delete the Oracle directory. Reboot your machine and verify that the 'local machine'/software/oracle entry no longer exists and that the oracle directory on your hard drive also does not exist. You can now start again.

David
Re: problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports [message #178168 is a reply to message #177828] Mon, 19 June 2006 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miracle_with_oracle
hi masters,

I installed oracle 9i database in home0 and developer 6i in home1. So i removed 'local machine'/software/oracle/home1 details from registry. Then i again tried to remove .dll files from the bin directory. But cudn't.
Re: problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports [message #178377 is a reply to message #178168] Tue, 20 June 2006 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Which part of 'ALL' didn't your understand!!!

In future it would be EXTREMELY helpful if you gave us a fully picture of your particular situation.

I have never been able to successfully uninstall 6i from under 9i. I suggest that you remove ALL of the Oracle products and then reinstall the ones that you wish to use. Remember to install the database, then reports, then forms.

David
Re: problem while deinstallation of oracle forms and oracle reports [message #178448 is a reply to message #178377] Wed, 21 June 2006 03:22 Go to previous message
saadatahmad

If there is a problem in the installation, I usually do the following:
Try to uninstall as many Oracle Products as you can from Oracle Installer.
Stop all the Oracle related services from Control Panel -->
Administrative Tools --> Services.
Remove the directories in Oracle home.
If unable to remove any directory or file leave it and ramove the remaining directories or files.
Go to windows registry and search and remove all the entries for Oracle.
Remove the remaining directories which I was unable to remove at first.
If necessary restar the computer and then remove the directories or files.
Remove from Start\Programs.
I'm always successfull in removing Oracle from my system following the above mentioned steps.
Then I can install the Otacle again.

I always install Oracle following these steps:
Install Oracle Database first.
Install forms
Install Reports

This Order also works fine:
Install Database
Install Reports
Install Forms

This also works fine
Install FOrms\Reports
Install Database

But in my experience it is better to follow first or second step to install Oracle.

regards,
Saadat Ahmad

[Updated on: Wed, 21 June 2006 03:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Frm-15103 subclass
Next Topic: Deploying on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:26:48 CDT 2024