Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tunning Through Forms
Tunning Through Forms [message #177234] Tue, 13 June 2006 10:10 Go to next message
Malan_72
Hi,

I am the student of Oracle Developer forms 6i.
I am using Windows XP O/S and 10 G database with forms 6i.

With regard to SQL Tracing I would like to ask the following please suggest me :

1. I want to enable SQL Tracing through forms 6i, in this regard there is no clear concept coming in my mind that how should I enable SQL Trace for a particular Session from forms 6i.
I read in another book that ifrun60 command with statsistic= yes on command line would enable forms 6i sql tracing. If yes then how should I automize this command in my forms application. I mean where should I place this command in forms 6i in order to start sql tracing of this form application. As well as what should we do if I want to enable tracing for a particular session from forms 6i and the output of a SQL Trace file would be generated on forms screen.

I know there is a Sys.dbms_system.set_sql_trace package and Alter session command available for enabling Sql Tracing, but how should we do that via forms 6i.
I will appreciate if you please suggest me and give me the clear picture about what I am wanting. I know there are several GUI tools available in Oracle but I have to do this through forms.

Yours sincerely,

Malan

Re: Tunning Through Forms [message #177657 is a reply to message #177234] Fri, 16 June 2006 00:52 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you tried using the Forms_DDL command to pass the 'alter' statement to the session?

David
Previous Topic: ActiveX & OLE code example
Next Topic: i want to find the record in the LOV with any one of the field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:35:49 CDT 2024