Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » plsql table global access thru out the form
plsql table global access thru out the form [message #177033] Mon, 12 June 2006 11:12 Go to next message
pvdsk
Hi,

There were two blocks in a form (master and child). I want to store the value (like billno) whenever user select the particular bill in the child block. I have created checkbox as a non database item for this in the child block. My problem is I want to store this in a pl/sql table (like array) so whenever the record changes in the master block, i will check the value in the array whether the bill is selected or not, if it is already selected i will tick the check box automatically. Can anybody help me in how to dealt this using pl/sql tables. I need to access this pl/sql table globally thru out the forms.

thnks
Re: plsql table global access throughout the form [message #177097 is a reply to message #177033] Tue, 13 June 2006 01:10 Go to previous message
Maaher
You can use a Global Temporary Table too. That table stores information for a session only. Once the session ends, the data is gone too. You can insert/update/delete a GTT just like any other table. But the main advantage is: you can query it like a regular table too, it can even have indexes, so checking whether a record needs to be checked can be done a lot easier.

I suppose you 'select' the detail records by checking a checkbox. If that is the case you can easily write insert/delete code in the WHEN-CHECKBOX-CHANGED trigger.

MHE
Previous Topic: Slow mapviewer within a form
Next Topic: master detail form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:26:27 CDT 2024