Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to store picture in Database and retrive.....
How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #174561] Mon, 29 May 2006 11:50 Go to next message
imtiazmasud

Dear friends,

I was warking with a form in which there is a pic item and that will have to store in the database..

say in my table

Table: product details

product_name Product_picture
------------- ---------------
Car ----------------> Sample Picture
Rice----------------> Sample Picture

and when I will query then the product will be shown with picture..............

I tried with WRITE_IMAGE files and READ_IMAGE files but not working.........

Please help with details sample example........imtiazmasud

[Updated on: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #174565 is a reply to message #174561] Mon, 29 May 2006 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lama
Do you need to store the whole picture in the DB, I mean you can only move the picture to a specific folder, then in the DB you can only save the image path and whenever you want to show it you can only read the path,,,
Re: How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #174568 is a reply to message #174565] Mon, 29 May 2006 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imtiazmasud

Friend,
Actually I do not know the way to store picture wheather in database or in a specifiq file then read from the file...if you know the solution then please inform me..or if possible then send or attach me a dummy one...with regards.......................imtiazmasud

[Updated on: Mon, 29 May 2006 14:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #174577 is a reply to message #174568] Mon, 29 May 2006 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lomhanz

hello friends,

with oracle's context/text/intermedia feature, you can store anything in your database. anything here really means anything, from audio files to image files to document files to etc files.

my advise, have a tour on that features.

thanks..lomhanz
Re: How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #174608 is a reply to message #174577] Tue, 30 May 2006 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
You don't need Oracle text for storing images. In fact, this has been asked many (and I really do mean Many with capital M) times before. If you had bothered to search you would have found a solution already. Ah well, let me do the work for you Wink

A quick search showed me this and this and this. I'm sure there are more examples but you should do some effort (like pushing the search button). I will give you one tip already: you should use a BLOB column to store binary data (like images).

MHE
Re: How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #174820 is a reply to message #174608] Tue, 30 May 2006 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imtiazmasud

Thakns a lot man...actually I tried many times and searched in the forum but bad luck that time for me...Sorry once again and thx to u very much in future I will try to follow ur advice.......imtiazmasud
Re: How to store picture in Database and retrive..... [message #177802 is a reply to message #174820] Fri, 16 June 2006 11:49 Go to previous message
Mohannad

try this man u have to change u bath and name
  • Attachment: image.txt
    (Size: 0.12KB, Downloaded 1261 times)
Previous Topic: FRM-404000 trahsaction complete 1 record applied and save
Next Topic: Send query result to an Excel file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:30:27 CDT 2024