Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Radio Buttons..
Radio Buttons.. [message #173849] Wed, 24 May 2006 16:36 Go to next message
prash_says
Hi,

I am pretty new to forms... plz help me... hope you understand what i mean....

In a Detail form i have Created 13 radio groups. Each radio group has two radio buttons to select Yes or No and default value for Yes radio button is Y and No radio button is N

I want to pull the record from a custom table with 13 columns which has Y or N in each column.

In property of each record group i have mentions the column name to which the record group belongs to.

when i query a record in the master table, accordingly in the details(13 record group) the radio buttons should show weather it is a Yes or No. After that i should be able to make the canges to the radio buttons and then able to save the Updates.

Do i need to use when-radio-change trigget for each record group... If yes please give psudo code for it...

Enclosed is an attachment .. hope this will help u

Thanks,

• Attachment: Doc1.doc
    (Size: 64.50KB, Downloaded 1291 times)
Re: Radio Buttons.. [message #174501 is a reply to message #173849] Mon, 29 May 2006 07:24 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Base your block on your custom table. Then associate each field of the table with a radio group. Let's say that you have 13 items, ANSWER_01 through ANSWER_13. Base RADIO_GROUP_1 on ANSWER_01, then RADIO_GROUP_2 on ANSWER_02. The question can be fixed on the screen or derived from a 'questions' table.

You don't need to define any triggers. When the user selects RADIO_BUTTON1 or RADIO_BUTTON_11 the value associated with that radio button will be placed in the radio group item which you have associated with you custom table's item.

David
Previous Topic: drop down list problem - same problem
Next Topic: Radio button Initial Value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:55:18 CDT 2024