Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Urgent help needed
Urgent help needed [message #173581] Tue, 23 May 2006 04:33 Go to next message
prase_pk
I have two blocks. The values in the second block are dependent on the current record in the first block.While the user navigates in between the records,the values in the second block should change accordingly.

So For this purpose I have written when-new-record-instance and I am displaying the corresponding records for the second block.
That is fine.But I am getting a problem when I am inserting a new record in the first block.The values in the second block are not getting cleared.I have tried GO_BLOCK in when-create-record.But this does not work.
So I am unable to clear the second block when a new record is inserted in the first block.Previously I was using timers when I used to work in forms9i but now I am working in form4.5.I am uanble to a find a solution.

Please help.
Re: Urgent help needed [message #173582 is a reply to message #173581] Tue, 23 May 2006 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Isn't this a classic form of a master-detail relationship? I don't have Forms 4.5 but I guess it (master-detail) existed there too ... Wouldn't it be easier to take advantage of this built-in feature instead of trying to simulate it? I believe this problem would be solved automatically.
Re: Urgent help needed [message #173585 is a reply to message #173582] Tue, 23 May 2006 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prase_pk
I cant use master-details relationship since the two blocks have nothing in common except for the rowid in one block is used in the second block.but again both are not database blocks.
Re: Urgent help needed [message #173593 is a reply to message #173585] Tue, 23 May 2006 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
prase_pk wrote on Tue, 23 May 2006 11:52

...except for the rowid in one block is used in the second block.but again both are not database blocks.
ROWID? A control block with a ROWID? Why do I find that very hard to believe?

MHE
Re: Urgent help needed [message #173610 is a reply to message #173585] Tue, 23 May 2006 07:50 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How can the two block be related and not related at the same time? Why have two blocks at all? Just use the one block.

David
Previous Topic: Please help
Next Topic: Error when I access DB objects from Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:26:23 CDT 2024