Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in Form Development for Oracle Apps
icon5.gif  Problem in Form Development for Oracle Apps [message #173186] Sat, 20 May 2006 00:53 Go to next message
Ankur Bhatia

Hello everybody,

I have developed one form with three blocks:

Header Level (block1) [master block]
Line Level (block2) [child to block1]
Line Detail Level (block3) [child to block2]

in the header level i have used two non database items and in line level again i have used two non database items. I am facing two problems in this form.

1. When i run form in query mode. whenever i execute the query and navigate down the records in the header block, first prompts: DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE REOCRD even then if dont make any sort change in the form.

2. When i start navigating the form in reverse order i.e. up the records, the form will go in deadlock state. It will hang and as of result i have to kill the process explicitly from the Oracle Apps server.

I am also sending you the form, as a zip file, as an attachment.

Please suggest me the solution ASAP!!!

Thanks in Advance!
Ankur
  • Attachment: KPHRENTL.zip
    (Size: 70.36KB, Downloaded 1099 times)
Re: Problem in Form Development for Oracle Apps [message #173279 is a reply to message #173186] Sun, 21 May 2006 06:32 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you done a master detail form before? I had a quick look at your form and there are way too many triggers for a basic master detail form, IMHO.

I recommend that you create a new form, define your three blocks using the wizard, then create the relations between the blocks also using the wizard. Once you get the basic flow working THEN you add all the extra stuff.

David
Previous Topic: Adding Image to Push Button
Next Topic: how to capture an entry and use it in another form??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:52:39 CDT 2024