Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » see my problem no master record move to next record
see my problem no master record move to next record [message #170560] Thu, 04 May 2006 06:27 Go to next message
mfa786
hi master
sir
i have master detail block master table have all data but detail no data i need feed data in detail then i goto in detail block write value and press F10 for save

for new record in detail
in detail blick post-block or post_record or post_insert event i write this code

go_block('masterblock');
next_record;
go_item('detailblock.item');

but not responses no master block move to next record still and my curser sitll in last postion

sir how i move master record after save the detail record and jump to detail block for new record

please give me idea or code

thanking you

aamir

Re: see my problem no master record move to next record [message #170566 is a reply to message #170560] Thu, 04 May 2006 06:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum fir 'master detail create-new-record'. Please create a new form, use the wizard to define your master block, use the wizard to create the detail block, use the wizard to create the 'relations', use the create-new-record trigger on the master block to populate its primary key, and use the create-new-record trigger on the detail block to populate its primary key.

There are sample master detail forms on the Oracle Forms web page.

David
Previous Topic: want information regarding validation trigger for my situation
Next Topic: how ristric for chance record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:29:43 CDT 2024