Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » package
package [message #170357] Wed, 03 May 2006 07:54 Go to next message
andirajkumar

friends,
i have developed forms,reports and menu. now all i need is to convert the forms,reports,menu and related tables into a package so that it can be deployed in other computers so that any body can make use of this software. is there a separate utility or software for this? guide me. thanks in advance.
Re: package [message #170366 is a reply to message #170357] Wed, 03 May 2006 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Oracle has not designed its systems to be deployed that way. Your user needs an Oracle database and, depending on the version of Forms, either a Forms / Reports runtime environment or an Application Server.

David
Re: package [message #170929 is a reply to message #170366] Sat, 06 May 2006 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andirajkumar

what is project builder? how to develop forms/reports run time enviroment? kindly guide
Re: package [message #171037 is a reply to message #170929] Mon, 08 May 2006 01:32 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Project builder is an Oracle management tool to help manage and group forms and reports during their development cycle. It does not exist in the current version of Forms.

There is NOT an independant runtime environment for Forms and Reports. As I said previously, "Your user needs an Oracle database and, depending on the version of Forms, either a Forms / Reports runtime environment or an Application Server."

David
Previous Topic: Images
Next Topic: Forms issue-KEY-COMMIT, COMMIT_FORM issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:47:46 CDT 2024