Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to set the font size when using the HOST command from Form?
How to set the font size when using the HOST command from Form? [message #167974] Tue, 18 April 2006 03:46 Go to next message
kmkan28
Hi,
i created a TEXT FILE USING a procedure like s1.txt.
when i give print command from the text file after opening it,it uses the windows default font.
if i use sam file from the form using HOST Command it uses the terminal type fonts.
the command i used from form6i is below.

HOST('COPY C:\S1.TXT LPT1 /B',NO_SCREEN);

because of the different types of font settings from windows and DOS there are alignment problems are araising.

The application has to use the windows fonts when i am executing from the command prompt using HOST Command.But it is using terminal fonts(Draft).

if any one knows how to use the windows default fonts while executing
the HOST COMMAND From forms6i instead of using terminal fonts?.

thanks in advance.

mk
Re: How to set the font size when using the HOST command from Form? [message #168101 is a reply to message #167974] Tue, 18 April 2006 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What behaviour do you get if you use the 'print' command?

David
Re: How to set the font size when using the HOST command from Form? [message #168151 is a reply to message #168101] Wed, 19 April 2006 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmkan28
hi david,
For me printing is no problem.
only the FONT Settings.ex.THE FONT which is printing a text file from NOTEPAD IN THE WINDOWS enviroment will be different from the font which is printed from DOS ENVIRONMENT.
1.I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SET THE SAME FONT AS USED IN THE WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT WHILE GIVING A PRINT COMMAND FROM DOS ENVIRONMENT.
2.ALSO FROM WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT ITS SKIPING ONLY ONE LINE PROPERLY.BUT IN THE DOS ENVIRONMENT ITS SKIPPING 1.5 LINES.IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CONTROL LINE SKIPPING?.

I USED TEXT_IO.NEW_LINE(IN_FILE,1) COMMAND.

Please help me on this issue!.

Re: How to set the font size when using the HOST command from Form? [message #168162 is a reply to message #168151] Wed, 19 April 2006 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think you may need to put a message into the Windows forum.

But don't give up. We will find a solution. The reason I asked about 'print' was that your post contained a 'copy' command.

Have you tried ASCI control codes? In the old days, like 1983-5, we used to send control sequences to the printer. Look at http://lprng.sourceforge.net/DISTRIB/RESOURCES/PPD/epson.htm there are 'Vertical/Horizontal Motion' control sequences and 'Printing Styles'. I don't know if any of these will work on your printer but to make them work we would load the output file with the control sequences and then write the text data after them. When using Unix printers I get the Unix Adminsitrator to define virtual printer queues for the physical printers which have the characteristics in which I am interested, eg, protrait versus landscape, and then print to the virtual queue not the physical printer. THIS may be possible with Windows but I do Oracle Forms and Databases not this other stuff so you will probably have to search in other forums or be imaginative in your google search.

If you get a solution please post it as a reply.

David
Re: How to set the font size when using the HOST command from Form? [message #168438 is a reply to message #168162] Thu, 20 April 2006 07:52 Go to previous message
kmkan28
Hi,
The problem is solved by oracle report.

thanks
kmkan28
Previous Topic: How to save formula item in table
Next Topic: Problem in Create_Record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:51:15 CDT 2024