Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR.
FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR. [message #167191] Tue, 11 April 2006 14:00 Go to next message
amankhan
Hi Guys,

I have a problem. I am getting the following error in the status bar:

FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR.

The problem situation is like this. I have a order entry form in which i will be entering the orders. For each order, i should enter the diff items that needs to be ordered along with its item details. How much Qty, item name, date etc.

This item price details of how much each item costs are stored in a different form. In the order entry form, in the items form we have QTY and UOM which are database items. Along with this, we have created two non-database of QTY and UOM for a different distribution to enter the details over there.

While entering the item details, when i enter the QTY to some number and try to proceed to next item, It doesnt move from that item and stops there and displays the above error in the status bar down the form. I cant move forward or backward.

In the item price details form, if the item has only one line, then it works fine. but if the same item has two lines, then this problem is occuring. For ex:- We closed one item and opened the same item with a diff price on a diff start active date. we closed the item by giving end active date and started the same item by giving a date greater than the end active date.

If the item is opened once with start active date and not ended, then it works fine. But only for the case above, its giving the problem.

Help Appreciated from you form gurus....

Thanks
Re: FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR. [message #167215 is a reply to message #167191] Tue, 11 April 2006 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
First, please post the code that you have in your WVI trigger.

David
Re: FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR. [message #167217 is a reply to message #167215] Tue, 11 April 2006 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This QTY into which you are entering a value and getting the error, is this the first QTY (database) or the second QTY (non-database)? Did you do a Ctrl-D (duplicate) of the first QTY to get the second QTY? Did you remember to 'default' to 'null' the 'database property' for this second QTY? If you created a new item did you change its 'data type' to 'number'?

David
Re: FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR. [message #167340 is a reply to message #167217] Wed, 12 April 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amankhan
Trigger code is as follows:

OE_LINES.Ordered_Quantity('WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM');
if :system.mode != 'QUERY' then
phs_custom.ordering_quantity('WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM');
end if;

Thanks
Re: FRM-40735:WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception VALUE_ERROR. [message #167444 is a reply to message #167340] Thu, 13 April 2006 01:37 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please answer the other questions.

David
Previous Topic: FORMS 6i Urgent Solution
Next Topic: Can anyone send Forms 6i - faq pls.,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:38:55 CDT 2024