Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Programmatically getting Total Number of items in a form
Programmatically getting Total Number of items in a form [message #161302] Fri, 03 March 2006 03:11 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
How to get the total number of items in a form programmatically. I want to generate a Excel report based on a form, for this i need to get the total number of items and based on that i have to generate the columns in Excel output of the form.

I am able to generate the Excel report but now i am hardcoding the total number of columns, i want to make it dynamic based on the total number of items in the form.

Any one have any idea ?

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal
Re: Programmatically getting Total Number of items in a form [message #161553 is a reply to message #161302] Mon, 06 March 2006 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Quote:

How to get the total number of items in a form programmatically.
This is immensely difficult as a block and its items could be in a referenced object. Have a look at FormsAPI Master and FormsTool from http://www.orcl-toolbox.com/There may be something there that you can use.

David
Re: Programmatically getting Total Number of items in a form [message #161903 is a reply to message #161302] Tue, 07 March 2006 17:03 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry about my last answer, I was thinking "Number of items referenced in a form" which included procedure code usage versus "Number of items defined in a form".

Use the Get_Form_Property ('frm',first_block) then loop through the blocks by using Get_Block_Property ('blk',nextblock) until Null is returned. Loop through items by starting at Get_Block_Property ('blk',first_item) and then using Get_Item_Property ('itm',nextitem) until it returns null.

David
Previous Topic: hlep on oracle form alert
Next Topic: how i avoid this window and directly fetched date
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:49:18 CDT 2024