Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms applet randomly losing focus on Linux client
Forms applet randomly losing focus on Linux client [message #152315] Thu, 22 December 2005 08:23 Go to next message
gcosta
Hi,

I am having a rather serious problem running the forms applet on the following environment:

* Oracle Forms AS 10g with forms 9.0.4.2 developed on Forms builder for Windows (running with SeparateFrame=true)
* Customized Debian Linux Distro and Fedora Core 4
* Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 with java plugin 1.5.0_01
* Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2_10
* Thin Clients with a 800mhz cpu and 256mb of DDR RAM and no mouse

The problem is that sometimes when switching applications with alt+tab or opening new forms inside the applet, the forms applet suddenly and randomly loses the focus on all of its internal windows, and the focus never comes back, requiring the restart of the application. This happens oftenly, and even when the application starts there are chances that the initial form window might not have focus (as i mentioned, the clients don't have mouse, but for diagnostic purposes i installed a mouse and even clicking on the input fields doesn't regain the focus). I have already tried to isolate the cause, but it happens too randomly (but often), even when i don't switch windows, opening new internal forms windows seems to be enough to cause the complete focus loss! Has anyone had this problem before, and if yes, there is any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo.
Re: Forms applet randomly losing focus on Linux client [message #152726 is a reply to message #152315] Mon, 26 December 2005 19:44 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yes I had this problem, or one very similar, but it was in the early 9i days and I thought that it was fixed with either Java 3 or Java 1.3 that came with 9iR3. It was associated with the bug where the application would fail if you put the mouse on the bottom of the scroll bar (as in 'down') and then kept your finger on the mouse button. They solved this by putting in a 'slow' refresh rate so that the form finished processing before the next page was requested.

Have a look in Metalink, I would guess that it is a Java problem.

David

Upd: Doh!! Change 'page down' to 'down'.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2008 21:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Migrate excel data to oracle .
Next Topic: Implement procedure creating in sql to a form Program unit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:18:04 CDT 2024