Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » commit issue
commit issue [message #144322] Wed, 26 October 2005 00:20 Go to next message
code_scavenger
FORMS 6i

I had this button and commits when get clicked, however, I didn't see any data in the database when I tried to update a block. It goes to the PRE-UPDATE trigger, but it does not go to POST-UPDATE trigger?

Can anybody explain what happened to this? please help!
Re: commit issue [message #144324 is a reply to message #144322] Wed, 26 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please supply definition of table. Please supply trigger code.

Do you have write access to the table? Is the primary key being populated before you try to do the insert? As this user, can you insert a record via SQL*Plus or TOAD?

David
Re: commit issue [message #144363 is a reply to message #144324] Wed, 26 October 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
code_scavenger
Yes I have an access ALL priviledges... It worked before, but i am having problems with it since yesterday.

Please help!

I do the manual update through TOAD as a workaround for it.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 04:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: commit issue [message #144496 is a reply to message #144363] Wed, 26 October 2005 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You have answered 2 of 5 questions. Please answer the other 3 and I may be able to help you.

What did you change yesterday? (This is a new question so I need 4 answers now).

David
Re: commit issue [message #144524 is a reply to message #144322] Wed, 26 October 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
code_scavenger
Changes I've made are exclusive to the Database only (TOAD).

As to the primary key, It is populated already. It has been setup in the forms properties to No Insert and Delete because it is intended for Update only. Insertion is made via a trigger of other table.

As I have said it worked before, so I didn't change anything with regards to the form.

All I ever changed are data on the database, and it is not even the table I changed! I only changed the user accounts table, user roles table. and that's it. Maybe the problem is the database, that is what I strongly believe, maybe it has something to do with the database direct updates i have made.
Re: commit issue [message #144525 is a reply to message #144524] Wed, 26 October 2005 21:27 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is the primary key NORMALLY populated by a number derived from a sequence? What were the primary key values you added yesterday? What is the nextval for the sequence? Did you inadvertently 'use' a number that the sequence is trying to give you thereby causing a duplicate key exception?

David
Previous Topic: How to pull out the absolute path to developer home in forms builder?
Next Topic: Please help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:28:16 CDT 2024