Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Paper Tray Selection
Paper Tray Selection [message #142015] Thu, 13 October 2005 02:53 Go to next message
sarfraz_attari
I am Printing two different Documents on same printer

One Document is printing on Pre printed Stationary and other one on Plain Stationary
So i Want to ask that is there any way to use multiple tray of printer to print the documents in oracle reports so that we dont want to remove stationary

If yes pl tell me what i have to modify in forms or reports to select the printer tray

We are using Alis 3356 DOT Matrix Printers

Thanks

Sarfraz

Re: Paper Tray Selection [message #142064 is a reply to message #142015] Thu, 13 October 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
As per my knowledge , Trays are dependent on Printer and again differ from printer to printer based on their design.

So , We can not access those using forms or reports.

But any how i am searching some relative info on this , will post if i got.

--Kiran.
Re: Paper Tray Selection [message #142193 is a reply to message #142064] Thu, 13 October 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feroze
Hi

In the report parameter properties select destype as
Preview/Screen, don't send the output directly to printer
now when you click print,printer dialogue will appear at this time select in options or preferences paper and tray,Hope it works.

If you are using 9i Reports use this built in function
for printer setup and default.

SRW.PRINTER_INTRAY_ATTR
SRW.ATTR.PRINTER_INTRAY
SRW.SET_PRINTER_TRAY

You can use this in a trigger at report level..

Let us know ..

Regards
Re: Paper Tray Selection [message #142231 is a reply to message #142193] Thu, 13 October 2005 20:26 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you are running your report via a Unix AS then define different queues for different paper trays. Then print to the queue.

David
Previous Topic: Referential intergiry in forms
Next Topic: sample code & validation (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:55:40 CDT 2024