Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 9i web , Standard Menu Modification
Forms 9i web , Standard Menu Modification [message #141634] Tue, 11 October 2005 07:01 Go to next message
ORADEV1011
Hi,
In Forms 9i (web) , I am trying to customize "DEFAULT&SMARTBAR" by adding one menu option for my oplication. It is ok to have default "TOOL BAR (INCONIC) MENU" , I just want to add my own option "XYZ Application".
I got this metalinc doc (152026.1)but I am not able to understand step #s 5 and above
Can somebody pl help..

1. Save the menu template OFGMNUT.mmb as another name, say MyOFGMNUT.mmb.

2. Customize the menu MyOFGMNUT.mmb to add, cut, or modify menu items as you need.

3. If you want some menu items to appear in the smartbar, set their property
'Visible In Horizontal Menu Toolbar' to Yes and specify 'Icon Filename'. Note
that the file's icons could be found in <Oracle_Home>/Cgenf61/Admin/Icons/Pc.

4. Compile the menu by File->Administration->Compile File, it will generate its
compiled mmx file in directory <OH>/CGENF61/ADMIN.

5. Create a menu module Mymenu in Designer and include other module to call by
this menu, say Myform1, Myform2.

6. Create a dummy form Mytopform for the menu accommodation. End-user should
always open this form first to access the menu items.

7. Set menu module Mymenu preferences:
- FMNDMA = Mymenu
- MNUSEC = No(optional, will avoid the menu security issue)
- STMMMB = MyOFGMNUT.mmb

8. Set forms Myform1, Myform2 preferences:
- FMNDMA = Mymenu
- MNUSEC = No (optional, will avoid the menu security issue)

9. Include all the paths where compiled menu and form files (mmx, fmx) reside in
registry entry Forms60_Path.
It is normally in Hkey_Local_Machine -> Software -> Oracle.

10. Generate the form module Mytopform with the option 'Include Module Network'.
Re: Forms 9i web , Standard Menu Modification [message #141733 is a reply to message #141634] Tue, 11 October 2005 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay. 'Designer' is NOT the 'Form Builder'. You probably do not have it installed on your PC. You can download it from the OTN site. It is an interesting tool if your have a week or two to experiment.

Try this alternative, convert the menu to XML using iff2xml90.bat (you may have to do a search of your Oracle directory to find where it lives) at the command prompt. Use a flat editor to look at the XML output file. You should be able to work out how many of the bits and pieces have been put together in the XML format. Duplicate a line and add your specific change. Use ifxml2f90.bat to turn it back into a menu file. Test it. By the way you DID make a backup of the original, right? Smile

David
Re: Forms 9i web , Standard Menu Modification [message #141745 is a reply to message #141634] Tue, 11 October 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORADEV1011
Thankyou David. I will try that.
Re: Forms 9i web , Standard Menu Modification [message #141756 is a reply to message #141745] Tue, 11 October 2005 23:35 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Get back to us with your result. Please.

David
Previous Topic: how to create setup prog. of forms
Next Topic: Icons on push button disappears when running on IAS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:39:19 CDT 2024