Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Form Host command in Unix
icon9.gif  Oracle Form Host command in Unix [message #140829] Wed, 05 October 2005 15:56 Go to next message
x173601
I'm in the process of converting Oracle form 9i from Window environment to Unix. One of my form commands-- Host(host_name,no_screen) where host_name includes the parameter which contains sqlldr path, ctl, log path). I was able to run the sqlldr and load the flat file to the database. However when applying that methodology using Host command as indicated above, it doesn't work and no log was generated. Can someone tell if sqlldr works on form in Unix ? Thanks in advance.
Shawn
Re: Oracle Form Host command in Unix [message #140866 is a reply to message #140829] Wed, 05 October 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you saying that you are converting a Windows Application Server to an Unix Application Server?

David
Re: Oracle Form Host command in Unix [message #141008 is a reply to message #140866] Thu, 06 October 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x173601
yes.
Re: Oracle Form Host command in Unix [message #141086 is a reply to message #141008] Thu, 06 October 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay ... 'reading between the lines' I assume that you have been able to get sqlldr to work on your PC but now you want it to work via the Unix Application Server. Please verify that sqlldr exists on your application server. You may find that it exists on the database server and you will need to add a link from the AS box to the DB box. You will also have to change your various directory paths from Windows to Unix format.

Please confirm that this reflects your current situation.

If you want to run the sqlldr on the PC then you need to use 'web_util' and the 'client_host' command. Search this forum for these two keywords.

David
Re: Oracle Form Host command in Unix [message #141215 is a reply to message #141086] Fri, 07 October 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x173601
djmartin..thanks for your response.
I guess I failed to make myself clear on my dilemma.
I currently have an Oracle Web form running on NT server. This form's purpose is to allow users to load a flat .txt file to the database with a sqlldr function. The command I used to run this sqlldr is host(sqlldr-ctl-data-log parameter,no_screen)I've migrated this form application to the Unix box running on the same AS version as the NT server. I can load the data file with the stand alone sqlldr program in unix. However if I implement this sqlldr funtion in Oracle Form built-in function with the host command, it doesn't work. I hope I make sense.
Shawn
Re: Oracle Form Host command in Unix [message #141390 is a reply to message #141215] Mon, 10 October 2005 00:34 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You may need to post this question in the 'Server Utilities' forum. I THINK the problem is that Unix either gives you a new session or is NOT giving you a new session. I think the first. You may need to run the sqlldr from within a script. Anyway, search this forum for Unix and see if we have answered this script / shell problem before or go to the 'Server Utilities' forum and search there. If you want this question moved, just ask.

David
Previous Topic: Change password
Next Topic: Reading text files in 9i forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:57:39 CDT 2024