Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ... Export to MS Excel or Access
... Export to MS Excel or Access [message #139646] Thu, 29 September 2005 01:14 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi.
May i know that if i want my users to have a facility that whenever they want, they can export the records to MS Excel.
I mean sometimes my users wants to plot maps in MSExcel, for which they want me export the current database in MS Excel. COuld be table by table etc.
or aview.
Can i code this in my user interface, i m using oracle forms 6i with 9i rel 2 DB

thanx for you kind responses.
Re: ... Export to MS Excel or Access [message #139858 is a reply to message #139646] Thu, 29 September 2005 18:04 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'Excel', 'cvs', 'utl_file'. There are quite a few threads on this subject. Basically, you can get a form to write a file in 'cvs' format via 'utl_file', or you can use a similar technique to write a file via either a stored procedure or a script file from the sql*plus script or from a dbms_job scheduled task. (If you HAVE to use Unix there is this thing called cron or kron or something that SOME people use Sad )

David
Previous Topic: forms9i standalone - install question
Next Topic: Why Dev2k will not become popular ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:43:58 CDT 2024