Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » forms9i standalone - install question
forms9i standalone - install question [message #139523] Wed, 28 September 2005 08:21 Go to next message
khalsted
I'd like to play around with forms 9i but I don't know what all I need to install on my pc to do so. Can anyone tell me what things I must do to get a standalone version of 9i going? We're on 6i here at work right now, but I'd like to run 9i with the database on my pc so I can play without worry about messing anything up on our real dbase.

Edit: Oh, and I just recently finished a forms 9i class and that's how the student pc's were setup, each one had it's own version of 9i database. Everything was standalone and would not affect any other user.

Ken

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: forms9i standalone - install question [message #139628 is a reply to message #139523] Wed, 28 September 2005 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay, install the 9iDB - instructions are near the root of the install disk.

Then install 9i Reports, then install 9i Forms. Order IS important.

Make the modifications as instructed in the installation guides. Search this forum for FORMS90_PATH, also formsweb.cfg - many people have asked these questions before. I may even build a sticky FAQ sometime.

Good luck, if you have any problems get back to us.

David
Re: forms9i standalone - install question [message #139818 is a reply to message #139523] Thu, 29 September 2005 13:33 Go to previous message
khalsted
thanks!
Previous Topic: Trapping Forms internal error in key_commit trigger
Next Topic: ... Export to MS Excel or Access
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:48:38 CDT 2024