Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ....... forms 6i T List problem
....... forms 6i T List problem [message #138847] Sat, 24 September 2005 09:26 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi.
i m facing a prblem with my Tlist. The problem is that i want to retrieve some record with dynmic record group. There are few neighbours against each site which are populated in the list.

here is the code behind the mouse click trigger of the text item
BEGIN
  rg := Find_group('nrg');

IF  NOT Id_null(rg) THEN
    Delete_group(rg);

Clear_list('nlist');

rg := Create_group_from_query('nrg',
                                  'select ncellid,to_char(ncellid) from rfbsc.neighbour where pcellid = :cid1');

x := Populate_group(rg);

Populate_list('nlist',
                  rg);
  ELSE
    rg := Create_group_from_query('nrg',
                                  'select ncellid,to_char(ncellid) from rfbsc.neighbour where pcellid = :cid3');

x := Populate_group(rg);

Populate_list('nlist',
                  rg);
  END IF;
END;

Now it is working fine . when ever i press button the record is shon. when i click on the site id text item field to display the neighbours in the list , it gives me correct number and name of the neighbours.
Now when i again press button/ select any other site id. it agains shows me record for site id( there are other fields as well instead of tlist)

Now when i click on the text item site id field, the neighbours shown are not correct. let me more explain it .

Suppose i select site id of 4001, then i click the mouse on that text item field , the Tlist is populated with the record.
i select another site id or type another site id, 4181
it shows the records , and then when i click the mouse, it shows neighbours but does not show any other record based on those tlist items.

i do not know why it is showing wrong neighbours if i try to get it again. ..

Summary is that it works just fine for the first time when the instance starts, after that if you have logged on , you are unable to get correct record for the neighbours..

when i try to clear_list()
it is not working..

the requirement simply is that whenever i click the field , the neighbours are shwon in the list.
Now user can type the nfew site id and clikc again , the new site have different neighbours, why the tlist is not showing them..

Rememeber that Tlist is seperate block while siteid field in seperate block..
thanx altot

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 21:54] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: ....... forms 6i T List problem [message #138945 is a reply to message #138847] Sun, 25 September 2005 23:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I assume that you mean to use 'cid1' for one record_group and 'cid3' for the other record_group. Please confirm.

I suggest using the ':block.item' naming convention, just in case you have 'cid1' or 'cid3' in more than one block.

David
Previous Topic: execute_query problem
Next Topic: Hi Developers,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:30:27 CDT 2024