Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » fetching multiple records
icon9.gif  fetching multiple records [message #136841] Sun, 11 September 2005 12:53 Go to next message
cuteorange
hello frds

i have a doubt in forms .
my problem is ...
actually i am having two textitem in D2k both are from diff table but has a common column. and for the first textitem i have an LOV and selecting an value from lov and entering it has to display the values of second textitem. actualy for the first textitem for one value we have four record values for second textitem.for eg . consider manager id as first textitem which has one record and for each manager there will be four employees under him ...,so the second textitem will be having 4 records and it has to display four employees in secong textitem when we select 1 managerid in first textitem from lov. how to do .....i tried using cursors but where and in which trigger i have to write the code pls guide me . and also pls give a coding example thank u
Re: fetching multiple records [message #136857 is a reply to message #136841] Sun, 11 September 2005 21:29 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There are examples in this forum of people using cursors. Search for them if you wish.

I suggest that you base your block directly onto the database table and use the 'relations' wizard to associate any detail block to your main 'driving' table's block.

Try this second approach and come back to us with any problems.

David
Previous Topic: .... Menu Bar.. Problem.....
Next Topic: set icon name in iconic button form 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:44:23 CDT 2024