Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how can we make fast search in large no. of records?
how can we make fast search in large no. of records? [message #136837] Sun, 11 September 2005 10:00 Go to next message
ribha

hello sir,
well i want to know how can we make fast search in larage number of records/data ??? or search in database???

waiting for your reply
Re: how can we make fast search in large no. of records? [message #136855 is a reply to message #136837] Sun, 11 September 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Use an index.

We need more information about what you are trying to do, or what problems are you having and that you want to solve.

By the way, are you running this query via Forms or through SQL*Plus?

David

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 21:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how can we make fast search in large no. of records? [message #137195 is a reply to message #136837] Tue, 13 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ribha

well i m working on "attendance system" of an office well if there are currently 800 employees working and there are 600 are posted in different locations. what i want is to check the validity of employee by its card, the problem is that if the emplyee is posted some other location how can i check is he/she is valid for current location at attendance time, and there is no much time for checking each person's card. so i want a fast search to fine is the card no. is exist in 800 records or not.
Re: how can we make fast search in large no. of records? [message #137216 is a reply to message #137195] Tue, 13 September 2005 19:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If the locations use their own database and don't all 'hook' into the one central system, I would suggest that you replicate the database between the various locations so that all the 'employee' details, that are needed for verifying access, exists at each location.

Alteratively, create a materialised view that is the union of the table from the separate installations. This would use dblinks to connect to the other databases on the different machines. This materialised view can then be indexed, but with 800 records making the materialised view memory resident is another alternative.

David

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 19:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: read Special image
Next Topic: forms migrating to oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:39:46 CDT 2024