Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » about triggers
about triggers [message #136775] Sat, 10 September 2005 01:31 Go to next message
sanaafridi

hi all

can i make user defined triggers .if yes then please

let me know what ius the process as i saw a trigger named

"whenvalidateitem" now the name shows that it is not genuine trigger and user defineds trigger so please help how to make and why i would be needing a user defined triggers

what re the benefits

plzz help

regards
Re: about triggers [message #136850 is a reply to message #136775] Sun, 11 September 2005 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please don't use IM speak BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. I'm a nasty old man and am NOT interested in learning another language just to read ENGLISH.

Sometimes we (maintenance programmers) change a trigger from 'when-validate-item' to 'whenvalidateitem' so that it will NOT fire, but we don't want to actually delete the code from the form.

We may do a similar thing to a procedure by changing the name from 'get_my_record' to 'xxx_get_my_record'. Then when we compile the form, all references to the 'real' name will show as an error and we can then either change the command or comment it 'out'. Again, we leave the 'xxx_' procedure in the form because we never know when we may need the code again.

David
Re: about triggers [message #136861 is a reply to message #136775] Sun, 11 September 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanaafridi

hi david

sorry for your inconvenience and thanks for ur reply.

but how can i change trigger name to "whenvalidateitem" from it's origional name ?

regards

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 00:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: about triggers [message #136875 is a reply to message #136861] Mon, 12 September 2005 00:59 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In the Forms Builder, in the Object Navigator, select the trigger name - twice - and you will be able to edit it in place.

David
Previous Topic: set icon name in iconic button form 9i
Next Topic: how to exec file from forms dev........
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:36:42 CDT 2024