Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Come back from calling form
Come back from calling form [message #133635] Sat, 20 August 2005 08:22 Go to next message
samit_gandhi

I have one form which calling a another form. I am not able to come back from the another form when i am writing exit_form in the exit button of the calling form.

I want to come back from the callling form and save the record of the main form too. i have also to save the record of the calling form.

what i have to write in the exit button & save button to save the form or exit without save.

Please advise.
Re: Come back from calling form [message #133706 is a reply to message #133635] Sun, 21 August 2005 19:19 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It depends, somewhat, on how you got to the second form.

I would always suggest using a call_form so that the user can't 'accidently' go back to the first form and try to continue processing while the second form is still open.

Read the section on call_form so you can decide whether you want the user to be able to see the first form, etc.

In the second form, to return to the first form, either use the default task bar or in your own trigger just do an 'exit_form'. If you have outstanding changes in the form you are exiting, Oracle will ask the user whether they wish to save their changes or not.

David
Previous Topic: Please help
Next Topic: Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:47:27 CDT 2024