Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » what is the procedure to make search button on the form?
what is the procedure to make search button on the form? [message #131812] Tue, 09 August 2005 10:05 Go to next message
shum

hello all,
i want to know how can i make search button on the form and then i enter the id or name then all data related to this id and name are display in new form
for example

i make a search button when i pressed it the new form is open
in that form when i enter empno then all data releated to that empno are display in form

what can i do????

please reply me its urgent
Re: what is the procedure to make search button on the form? [message #131871 is a reply to message #131812] Tue, 09 August 2005 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Try this: using the defaults supplied - create a form, create a new block using the wizard, select the EMP table from the list of tables available in the database. For the layout, use the 'form' versus 'tabular' layout.

Compile and run the form. Use the buttons on top of the screen to go into query mode, enter your search criteria, then execute the query.

For more information, check the FAQ for this forum, go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/forms.html. Find 'Guidelines for Building Applications' and 'Form Builder Reference'. Download them. Read.

David
Re: what is the procedure to make search button on the form? [message #131897 is a reply to message #131871] Wed, 10 August 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shum

i want to make my own search query
when i enter search record button then new form will open in that form "search by name" or "search by id" two options are displayed when i clicked search by name then it will ask me the name of employee when i enter name of employee and pressed enter either show me all the data related to that employee or if that employee is not exist then show me only message " employee dosen't exist".
Re: what is the procedure to make search button on the form? [message #131923 is a reply to message #131897] Wed, 10 August 2005 01:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
(RANT ON) Of course you do, everyone wants to use these 'idiot proof' solutions that take ages to write and with which the users are never happy. Why can't we just train the user to use the native functionality of the Oracle Form. Give them a demonstration and a user guide. Even put pop-up hints on the fields so that they know what each field is doing. But no, they want to be spoon fed and it takes us hours then days then months to build these poor tortured forms with special coding everywhere. (RANT OFF)

Search this forum for 'default_where', read at least three and come back with specific questions.

David
Previous Topic: WebUtil error: WUC-015
Next Topic: Placing list item during runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:42:25 CDT 2024