Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms record validations Question. Urgent!. Please hlp.
icon5.gif  Forms record validations Question. Urgent!. Please hlp. [message #120276] Wed, 18 May 2005 12:37 Go to next message
mlgonsalv
I have two blocks based on a view-A and a table-B with a master detail relationship.
The view A consists of three table joins ( tables-X, Y, Z) and no outer joins.

view-A has all the records and considered as parent table. Block-B has FK relations to view A in the form.

The detail block saves records in Table B in db which has the same columns as table X. But there is no FK relation between Table X and Table B.

Now, my question is, when an user enters records/items on the detail block, how do I validate the records agains Table X which has those same fields but more. I am thinking of when-validate-item trigger also Post trigger. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Michael
Re: Forms record validations Question. Urgent!. Please hlp. [message #120296 is a reply to message #120276] Wed, 18 May 2005 18:37 Go to previous message
danosw

When-validate-item (on the items in the detail_block) or when-validate-record (detail_block)... Also use pre-update and
pre-insert triggers on the detail_block. Which just depends on the type of validations.

Dano
Previous Topic: oracle connection from MFC
Next Topic: Record Group Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:00:17 CDT 2024