Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » oracle connection from MFC
oracle connection from MFC [message #119983] Tue, 17 May 2005 02:23 Go to next message
mmorshed
hi,
I have written a visual C program which can connect with a remote oracle database and that is successfully done by CDatabase or ODatabase function of oracl.h. But the same code in a MFC application can't connect with that database.
Please inform me as soon as possible.
thanks in advance.

regards,
Monjur
Re: oracle connection from MFC [message #119987 is a reply to message #119983] Tue, 17 May 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Out of curiosity, what is MFC application?

Are you working in the same directories? Do you need to add extra data to the registry entries for this MFC application? Can any part of the MFC application see anything in the Oracle database? Is there a 'simple' access tool that can see or not see the Oracle database? Does the visual C application still work? Do you have a special environment variable that needs access to some read-write space, as TMP and TEMP do?

Are you getting error messages or a dump or a log file produced?

David

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 02:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: oracle connection from MFC [message #120195 is a reply to message #119987] Wed, 18 May 2005 06:47 Go to previous message
Maaher
djmartin wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 09:29

Out of curiosity, what is MFC application?

Isn't that a "Microsoft Foundation Classes" application, like WordPad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Foundation_Classes

MHE
Previous Topic: :NEW.columnname is soprting in Oracle 9i R 2 for picture data.
Next Topic: Forms record validations Question. Urgent!. Please hlp.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:47:25 CDT 2024