Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calculator Example
Calculator Example [message #119708] Fri, 13 May 2005 20:25 Go to next message
al_xx
Hi,

I am a newbie to Oracle Forms and this forum.

I am having major trouble trying to implement a calculator in my form. The result of the calculator needs to appear in the form.

Is this possible?

Can someone please send me an example form with the calculator or point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Al
al_xx@adelphia.net
Re: Calculator Example [message #119716 is a reply to message #119708] Sat, 14 May 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weekend79

Dear Al

With following code in a “push button” trigger you can open “windows calculator” in form.

------------------------------------------------
DECLARE
cmd VARCHAR2(32);
BEGIN
cmd := 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\calc';
HOST(cmd);
END;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where “'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\calc'” is the path & name of my windows calculator if you have different name change it and also increase/decrees length (32) accordingly.

For more info see the topic “How To Open Third Party Applications from form6i” (25-Apr-2005)

Then why to waste time & efforts on complex things when simple alternate available.

But for every body interest can some one tell us how form accepts parameters/values from third party software?

Wishes
Jawad

Re: Calculator Example [message #119739 is a reply to message #119716] Sat, 14 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
al_xx
Dear Jawad,

Thank you for your quick reply. This works as far as being able to display the calculator in the form. Thank you.

But, I am required to take the results of the calculator and pass back to the form. I don't know how to do this. I have been working on this problem for several months and do not know how to solve.

Is this even possible? Have I been wasting time on what can not be done?

Please help.

Thank you.

Al
Re: Calculator Example [message #119740 is a reply to message #119739] Sat, 14 May 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Hi,
I think that instead of making a calculator form yourself, you can try to find and download a calculator form from Oracle's site. I don't remember the link right now however if you'r an otn member, you can find the demos for forms (If you don't have otn membership, get your userid/password ....it's free). And I'm sure that the pre-made calculator is there in the demos.

Now suppose that you have downloaded the calculator form.
It's not difficult now to get your required functionality.

What you have to do is to create a parameter list in the calculator form and pass the result from that parameter to the form where you want the calculated value.

I don't think that it's too difficult to spend months on achieving this functionality.

Just do what I have advised you and then if you have the problem, get back to the forum again.

Ok here's the link:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/6idemos.html
Downlod forms6i Demos from here and I'm sure calculator is there in this demo.

Regards.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 09:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Calculator Example [message #119775 is a reply to message #119708] Sun, 15 May 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
al_xx
Hi Saadat,

Thank you for your reply, advise, and link.

However, I checked out OTN (Forms6i, 9i, and 10g) and was unable to locate the calculator demo. Found other stuff, but not a calculator. I downloaded the demos and I couldn't find it bundled with anything else.

Isn't anyone else using a calculator that drops the results into the form? I would have thought that the calcuator would come standard with forms, or easier to implement.

If my mistake, and it's there, please let me know. If Oracle removed it, I would appreciate someone sending a copy of demo .fmb to me.

Thanks again Saadat,

Al
Re: Calculator Example [message #119776 is a reply to message #119775] Sun, 15 May 2005 10:05 Go to previous message
saadatahmad

Well,
I wrote Calculator.fmb in Yahoo Search engine and got surprised instantly after finding almost 819 results from yahoo and Calculator.fmb was on the first page.

I'm amazed why you people can't do such an easy work yourself.
Here's the link where you can find Calculator.fmb

http://www.ddginc-usa.com/oracalc.htm

Download this file and then do the remaining work yourself.
You can pass the result from this form to your original form by defining parameter list or using global variables.

I hope that you can do the remaining task.

Regards!
Previous Topic: How to create a changing field in form.....
Next Topic: Counting the use of formsmodules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:07:38 CDT 2024