Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » BLOB data is not showing on Query Recod.
BLOB data is not showing on Query Recod. [message #118670] Fri, 06 May 2005 15:38 Go to next message
sohailnawaz
I am inserting a picture data in Blob filed through Forms.When i am saving the record. then message display. Transation completed successfull, but when i am quering tha record(F8). then record is not showing in BLOB filed.But if the datatype will be there LOng Raw instead of BLOB then. data is showing on query in Long Raw filed, but not in BLOB. what is the problem, any body can help me.

Thanks.
Re: BLOB data is not showing on Query Recod. [message #118907 is a reply to message #118670] Mon, 09 May 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Blob field actually stores the pointer to the directory location of the BLOB object. I believe LONG RAW actually stores the file in the table. I could be wrong, anybody care to shed more light on the subject? I remember doing the same thing as you and had a lot of trouble with BLOB in Forms. If you are just doing pictures or something like that, use the LONG RAW datatype because I've seen it work in Reports and Forms. If you are going to have a whole slew of files (asp, doc, xls, mp3, xml, mdb, etc, etc) then I would just enable the Attachments functionality with Template.fmb. This of course is dependant on your environment, using Template.fmb in client/server mode won't do anything for you, but if you are deploying on the Web, then it is much easier to do document attachments this way.

HTH,
Steve
Re: BLOB data is not showing on Query Recod. [message #119039 is a reply to message #118907] Tue, 10 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous message
subba lakshmi
1.create table sl_img(eno number(3),empimg clob);
2.create a form using control block.
3.take two text boxes -
(i) one text box data type char and max.length 30
(ii) other text box data type long and max.length 240

4.take a image item(image4)

on post-text-item of (ii) write this code
read_image_file(:sl_img.empimg,'bmp','sl_img.image4');

5.take push button

on when-button-pressed write

insert into sl_img values(:sl_img.eno,:sl_img.empimg);
commit;

6.while selecting include this statement to show image onto image item.
write_image_file(:sl_img.empimg,'bmp','sl_img.image4');

from
subba lakshmi
Previous Topic: Problem with BLOB Data.
Next Topic: Need ICONS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:15:58 CDT 2024