Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » post query Radio button problem..pls help??
post query Radio button problem..pls help?? [message #117932] Sun, 01 May 2005 18:21 Go to next message
ramisy2k
Hello,

i am facing a problem, pls help me..

I have a Radio Group (named as 'RG') as a non-databse item in which I have two Radio buttons..i.e. RB_1 & RB_2

the radio button value for RB_1 is A
and radio button value for RB_2 is B

now by using the when-radio-changed trigger i am storing the a value from either one of the two databse items into another databse item..
I have written the following code on the above said trigger

IF
:BLOCK.RG = 'RB_1'
THEN
:DATABSE_ITEM_3 := :DATABSE_ITEM_1;
ELSE IF
:BLOCK.RG = 'RB_2'
THEN
:DATABSE_ITEM_3 := :DATABSE_ITEM_2;
END IF;
END IF;

now all this is working fine...

the problem is that when i requery or move to next/previous record the respective radio button is not selected automatically......

so my requiremnet is that when I requery or move to next/previous record either one of the two radio button should be selected whose respective value according to the above code is stored in the databse..

please tell me how to achive this..
regards,
Ramis.
Re: post query Radio button problem..pls help?? [message #118063 is a reply to message #117932] Mon, 02 May 2005 20:37 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Use a post-query trigger to populate it after the initial query and a when-new-record-instance to call the same in-form procedure when changing records.

David
Previous Topic: Debug setup procedures for forms6i
Next Topic: pl/sql records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:07:14 CDT 2024