Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Password - Expired?? --> Form ??
Password - Expired?? --> Form ?? [message #117314] Tue, 26 April 2005 07:52 Go to next message
vban2000
hi, fellow gurus..

I am creating a password for user, which will expire on certain date. if one login on SQL*plus, it will prompt for re-enter of the password, which is good.

but what do I do it in the forms?? I am building an application using Oracle Forms 2000, Oracle 9i, Solaris environment.

So, how do one change the password from forms if it is expired?

because, if passowrd is expired, I can't even connect to the database, so there is no way for me to put a trigger in the form level..

anyone have any ideas / articles / suggestion on this subject is highly appreciated..

Many Thx in advance
Andy
Re: Password - Expired?? --> Form ?? [message #117345 is a reply to message #117314] Tue, 26 April 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gurusubramanyam
Hi,

Even I had the same problem. Let me expalin how I had solved it. if it is feasible you can also apply the same.

01.Create a database user with PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME value as UNLIMITED.

02.Grant the necessary Privileges to that username to access the oracle views to validate the user id entered by the user later.

03.Use that user name in your custom defined login screen connection. ( I have hardcoded the connection in the on-logon trigger)

04.In your login screen you can validate the user id as well as provide facility to change password.

05.Once the password is validated, again reconnect to the database using the vakus entered by the user.

Hope this can be helpful.

Thaks & Regards,
G.S
Re: Password - Expired?? --> Form ?? [message #117508 is a reply to message #117345] Wed, 27 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous message
vban2000
thx.. I will try it..
Previous Topic: URL web forms
Next Topic: diff between call_form and open_form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:25:04 CDT 2024