Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms (9i) bombing out on when_button_pressed trigger
icon9.gif  Forms (9i) bombing out on when_button_pressed trigger [message #117204] Mon, 25 April 2005 12:51 Go to next message
lesleymcknight
A form is bombing out when pressing a button which was previously okay. I've put show_messages in the start of the when_button_pressed_triggers but the form has exited without displaying the message at this point.

There are two buttons with different processing underneath which are displaying this behaviour at a certain point in the form but functioning okay prior to this.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Re: Forms (9i) bombing out on when_button_pressed trigger [message #117236 is a reply to message #117204] Mon, 25 April 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Use a form compare tool to show you the differences between your current test version and the copy of the previously working form.

When displaying a 'message' remember to place a 'pause' command after it, or issue the 'message' command twice.

Try running it in debug mode.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2005 21:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forms (9i) bombing out on when_button_pressed trigger [message #117312 is a reply to message #117204] Tue, 26 April 2005 07:29 Go to previous message
lesleymcknight
Thanks for your suggestions.

A post prior to a call to a database package seems to have been the problem and I understand that it is a known Forms 6 bug (just found out).
Solved by inserting a synchronize; prior to the post. Seems to have sorted it out anyway. Cool
Previous Topic: I want my report to open in Maximize Window.
Next Topic: TIMER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:08:20 CDT 2024