Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » In which Font Forms Data Stored in DB
In which Font Forms Data Stored in DB [message #114709] Tue, 05 April 2005 05:15 Go to next message
hsinghalmrt
hi All,
I want to know that if we have a form and on form we have an editor to enter the data . i we write in editor in Font 'Ariel' or any other font.
Then in Data Base in which Font the data will be stored.

Thanks in advance
Re: In which Font Forms Data Stored in DB [message #114801 is a reply to message #114709] Tue, 05 April 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
A font is an attribute of the data, otherwise known as metadata. It will not matter what font the user types into your form or what your settings are for display of fonts. The database does not store (at least to my knowledge) the font or point size. This may be done with some standard tables, but I can't think of a reason why you'd ever need to know the font used.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question and what you mean by the term 'editor'. Is this a word document or some other type of binary (OS) file? Or are you just talking about a text item that becomes expanded to fit more than a word or two and you store the entire typed message into one field in the DB? If it is the latter, then you will not store the font, only the text (or character strings).

HTH,
Steve
Re: In which Font Forms Data Stored in DB [message #114868 is a reply to message #114801] Wed, 06 April 2005 00:15 Go to previous message
hsinghalmrt
actually i have a form in which there is a text item (editor).
if in the text item i enter some text . and save that into the db.
and when i want to see the report using report builder of that data which is entered through the forms . then the data formatting is disturbed.
Previous Topic: execute an external .sql file from a Oracle stored procedure
Next Topic: forms data into excel sheet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:14:51 CDT 2024