Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms at runtime
Oracle Forms at runtime [message #113296] Fri, 01 April 2005 02:39 Go to next message
syedusman
Hello
I am usman i m using oracle 9i developer suite, I am working with forms when I run a form at runtime it displays this kind of information

http://usman.educators.edu.pk:8888/forms90/f90servlet?form=C:\oraprojects\DoubleEntryApp\Register.fmx&userid=SCOTT/TIGER@ali& buffer_records=NO&debug_messages=NO&array=YES&query_only=NO&quiet=NO&RENDER=YES

I want ask a question that how can i remove this information and just see the following url

http://usman.educators.edu.pk:8888/forms90/f90servlet?

because it would make my application secure

Along with how can i load my application into seperate window instead of browser.

Plz guide me about this problem step by step because i m new to oracle so i would be able to solve my problem

regards

Problem of OC4J Instance.... [message #113469 is a reply to message #113296] Mon, 04 April 2005 00:44 Go to previous message
dal_hit

Hi USMAN...

About shortening of URL i don't know much but about showing forms in separate window...try to open this file..

ORACLE_HOME/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg

In this file there is one parameter like

separateFrame=false

If you use TRUE instead of false in above parameter then it will show forms in separate browser.

With this i also would like to ask some question to you..

I hope that you won't disappoint me.

As i m new user o this site First of all you tell me exact location[link] on this orafaq.com about

how to post new message ?

& also try to help me for below problem...

======================

HI FRIENDS,

SUB: PROBLEM OF ORACLE 9I --improper shutdown of OC4J INSTANCE

I HAVE INSTALLED ORACLE 9i DATABASE & ORACLE 9i DEVELOPER SUITE [ FORMS & REPORTS ] AT FOLLOWING LOCATION.

C:\Oracle\ORA9iDB
C:\Oracle\ORA9iDS

LET ME EXPLAIN MY PROBLEM...

I HAVE OPENED FORMS DEVELOPER & CREATED SIMPLE EMPLOYEE DETAILS FORM BASED ON " SCOTT.EMP ".

BEFORE RUNNING FORM IN WEB BROWSER, I HAVE STARTED OC4J INSTANCE FROM THE MENU.

SO OC4J INSTANCE STARTS IN NEW-BLACK CONSOLE WINDOW.

IT SHOWS SOME PATH OF FILES & THE LAST LINE IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

" Oracle9iAS <9.0.2.0.0> Containers for J2EE initialized. "

Q--1----Does this mean that OC4J Instance has properly started ?

After this, i try to run Form by [ Ctrl+R ] command.

So new internet explorer opens & it shows the form.... it takes 1 to 2 minute for showing the form.

Q--2---Is there any method/parameter by which we can reduce this timing.

When the process of form opening in web browser takes place....in background.... console of OC4J INSTANCE shows something like this.

------

FormsServelet init():

configFileName: C:\ORACLE\ORA9iDS/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg
testMode: false

ListenerServlet init()

------

So due to this....when i close the web browser & again try to run the form by [ CTRL + R ]..it gives me following error message.

-----

Compilation Errors:

FRM-30087: Unable to create form file C:\Employee_Details.fmx.

------

So i have to againg close console window of OC4J INSTANCE & again start it...

It means that as many times i want to run the form...i have to Start the OC4J Instance...

Q--3--- Why OC4J Instance automatically shutsdown as soon as i try to run the form in web browser ? Is there any method by which we can solve this problem ?

Your help will be greately appreciated.

you can also reply me at dal_hit@yahoo.com

-------

Previous Topic: No image on an Iconic Button
Next Topic: Problem of OC4J Instance....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:45:51 CDT 2024