Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » this is non-sense (calculated field)
icon8.gif  this is non-sense (calculated field) [message #112244] Wed, 23 March 2005 20:00 Go to next message
sshan
I have a calculated field called VOL, which is calculated from the other three fields(height, width, and depth).

I assigned the formula:

:height * :width * :depth

which comes out a right number.

HOWEVER, after I save the record, the calculation was not saved to the table.

I understand the value might just for DISPLAY. but, where should I change in order to be able to save it. I have carefully gone through every attribute in property, but failed to find out.

Doea anyone know?

Thanks,

Re: this is non-sense (calculated field) [message #112247 is a reply to message #112244] Wed, 23 March 2005 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
How did you save the value to the table?
Did you commit?

HTH,
Steve
Re: this is non-sense (calculated field) [message #112282 is a reply to message #112247] Thu, 24 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sshan
well, I guess, with the form, once you click the SAVE buttn, it's considered to commit 'cause the code behind that button actually in "commit".

Re: this is non-sense (calculated field) [message #112316 is a reply to message #112244] Thu, 24 March 2005 06:53 Go to previous message
Maaher
sshan wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 03:00

I have a calculated field called VOL, which is calculated from the other three fields(height, width, and depth).
And the field is being calculated when exactly? Post-query? view definition?

HOWEVER, after I save the record, the calculation was not saved to the table.
And the field is a database item?

I understand the value might just for DISPLAY. but, where should I change in order to be able to save it. I have carefully gone through every attribute in property, but failed to find out.

Is it really necessary to save the calculation? If so, verify that there's a table column corresponding with your block's item. Set the property database item to 'Yes'.

MHE
Previous Topic: To open a new form by clicking a text or the cell containing that text, in forms
Next Topic: chech if user exists
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:01:14 CDT 2024