Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » navigating on varchar2 fields
navigating on varchar2 fields [message #110646] Wed, 09 March 2005 06:49 Go to next message
chandrakanth
instead of go_item or go_field whats the method to go to particular varchar2 field after when-validate-item. whats the syntax for that..Ex: after validating code for duplicating if there is no duplicate then cursor shud move to the description else stop on the same field. i used if noduplicate go_item(field_name).It showing me error.

chandrakanth
Re: navigating on varchar2 fields [message #110790 is a reply to message #110646] Thu, 10 March 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Ikramur Rahman
Hi,

Go_item,go_field are restricted built-ins and you can't use these on WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger.

Set the NEXT_NAVIGATION_ITEM property either in design time or run time.

HTH.
Re: navigating on varchar2 fields [message #111235 is a reply to message #110646] Mon, 14 March 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can also try the Post-Text-Item but remember that you have to navigate OUT of the field before it will fire. So you may have to put a Next_Item in your When-Validate-Item trigger.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 14 March 2005 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: navigating on varchar2 fields [message #111255 is a reply to message #110646] Tue, 15 March 2005 01:24 Go to previous message
Frank
It looks all pretty straightforward to me. If I enter a duplicate value, raise a form_trigger_failure in the WVI. If not, let ME decide where I want to go, so you just do NOTHING.
There are few things so annoying as a form in which the cursor does not follow my instructions: if I press key previous item, I do NOT want to go to the next item, just because the programmer thinks so.

(whoops, a little frustration came up here, no offense meant Wink)

So, basically, just raise an error if the entry is a duplicate, otherwise do nothing.

hth
Previous Topic: How to store file in database table through Form
Next Topic: FRM-30041:position of item places it off of canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:21:36 CDT 2024