Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Running Oracle 6i Forms On Web  () 1 Vote
icon4.gif  Running Oracle 6i Forms On Web [message #110544] Tue, 08 March 2005 09:49 Go to next message
Matloob
hi there i have made forms in developer 6i i want to run them on the web does any one tell me the procedure or any configurations to do for running them plz mail me soon thanks
* i want to run them with 8 can they be runned or i have to use 8i or 9i ?
thanks
Re: Running Oracle 6i Forms On Web [message #110583 is a reply to message #110544] Tue, 08 March 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
ohhhhh boy, you're not going to be happy when I tell you this...

Oracle provides a TEMPLATE.fmb with its internet application server. Every custom form you develop MUST be built upon this TEMPLATE. If you fail to do this, much of the standard functionality of the application will be lost (meaning toolbar, color schemes, etc.) You will be able to run your form in the application, but you will experience a lot of difficulties if your form wasn't based on TEMPLATE. As far as I know, you have to put the form (.fmb file) in the schema directory you want on the server (this is typically a custom schema, but doesn't necessarily need to be) and you need to put the compiled form (.fmx) in your AU directory (which should be in the directory that holds the rest of the schema directories) As far as I know, this is all you need to do, but keep in mind you have to compile the .fmx on the SERVER side, not from your client.

You should be OK as far as versions go (from 8 -> 9) unless there is something specific in your SQL or your functions/procedures within the form that didn't exist in 8, but does in 9. I have a feeling that this should not be the case.

HTH,
Steve
Re: Running Oracle 6i Forms On Web [message #110687 is a reply to message #110583] Wed, 09 March 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matloob
hi thanks for ur reply
can u plz tell me the location of TEMPLATE.fmb form ?
or do send me on matloob84@gmail.com
and also do guide me that what are ('schema directory and AU directory') where they are located and if there are any configurations related to that thanks
take care bye
Re: Running Oracle 6i Forms On Web [message #110694 is a reply to message #110544] Wed, 09 March 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
Well, I'm not exactly sure of your directory structure but it would look something like this:

Server_Drive_Letter:\oracle_your_organization_name\your_organization_nameappl\

appl is for applications... this path should hold all schema directories and your AU directory. There should also be a Forms directory that holds all standard forms as well as TEMPLATE.fmb. As far as configuring these directories, I'm not sure, I am just a developer. If you continue to struggle with it, I might be able to talk to my DBA, but I do believe there is documentation that you can find on OTN (http://www.otn.oracle.com) that may be able to assist you. If you cannot find these directories, talk to your administrator as it may be a restricted area on your server. If you desparately need a copy of TEMPLATE.fmb, let me know and I'll email it you.

HTH,
Steve
Re: Running Oracle 6i Forms On Web [message #110695 is a reply to message #110694] Wed, 09 March 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matloob
THANKS DEAR I WILL CONSULT THE WEB THANKS AGAIN
TAKE CARE BYE
How to run Oracle 9i Forms On Web browser [message #113091 is a reply to message #110544] Wed, 30 March 2005 19:49 Go to previous message
dal_hit

Hi guys sorry that i m posting this reply which is less concerned with topic but i could not find proper place to post this message..if anybody can tell me where to post the message about " Oracle 9i Forms/Reports " then i would appreciate this.

Now coming to main problem....

I need your guidence about Oracle 9i Forms.

i have installed

-Oracle9i Developer Suite &

-Oracle9i Database on my computer at home

I have completed all installtion successfully.

I opened Forms Developer & connected with 9i Database.

It connected succesfully & when i try to run it

It gives me error as

TNS listener not available:start TNS listener or check your edit preference

So i went to Edit--> Preferences & on Runtime Tab

Location of Browser was given..by default it took port number 8888...

& in my TNSNames.ora listener was configured at port number 1521..so i tried to change port number but it did not succeded.

on my pc i have Windows XP installed.I created following folders & did installation...

C:\Oracle\ORA9iDB

C:\Oracle\ORA9iDS

Databse is running perfectly..but there is some problem in Forms developer.

So tell me how can i solve this problem...

Thanks

With Regards

Dal Hit
Previous Topic: to pass value between forms
Next Topic: Set/Export Unix Variables through forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:01:14 CDT 2024