Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » making setup in oracle form
making setup in oracle form [message #87318] Fri, 17 December 2004 08:43 Go to next message
Tanveer
hi

i am new .

can we make a setup of our project using oracle+form6i.

and can we install this setup in windows based system witout oracle.i.e no oracle install in target system. or we must install oracle .like in visual basic we make project set up and install then any computer without v.b.

i think u understand what am i saying
Re: making setup in oracle form [message #87326 is a reply to message #87318] Sat, 18 December 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just John
If I am understanding you......

You don't need to install anything on a PC to use an existing Oracle application post 9i (and some 6i) apart from a browser. this is because they run over an Application Server in Java to your local browser.

So a normal user will require no additional installation (apart from some bits supplied by the Application Server when first visited).

This is different on pre 9i (and most 6i) as you would need to install atleast the run time elements.

Unless you used it thin client - but I ignored that for this post.

is this what you asked?
Re: making setup in oracle form [message #87331 is a reply to message #87326] Sun, 19 December 2004 05:15 Go to previous message
Tanveer
i install oracle and form on my computer and this not server ok.
now i want to make exe(setup) of my project and then install to any other computer .
can we make setup of our project.
will it work on a computer that has not in a net work
neither it contains form nor oracle.(without oracle and form)
Previous Topic: duplicate record
Next Topic: menubar&toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:55:38 CDT 2024