Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » clear the text item and place on other control
clear the text item and place on other control [message #87145] Thu, 09 December 2004 20:29 Go to next message
aditya
hi all,

i am using the text item and i have the button on the form for in the text box i have to enter only integers and on the button-press  i am displaying the message box. if i enter characters in the text box and press the button. i get an error fired in the status bar but the control is not comming on to the button even though it is comming its returning back to the text box can i make the control to stay at the button it self.

thanks for help,

aditya gangadharam garimella
Re: clear the text item and place on other control [message #87153 is a reply to message #87145] Fri, 10 December 2004 12:06 Go to previous message
Just John
Yuo need to defer validation (an form level property option)

This issue is that you validation is taking place when you are navigating from the text item - moveing the validation unit will delay this process until later (or as chosen).

Alt: you could change the datatype of the item to CHAR, then add your own WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM or WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED - as required. <-- this would be my initial approach.
Previous Topic: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g
Next Topic: Package variables are nullified during session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 03:45:28 CDT 2024